Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Basically, I wish that you loved me. I wish that you needed me....

Ok, so first, thank you to my roommate Lindsey Paige Delbello for posting the lyrics to this song as her mopey status on facebook last night because now I love the song.  Ha, have to cite my sources.  Anyways, the song that I'm talking about is The Nicest Thing by Kate Nash.  Here are the lyrics:

All I know is that you're so nice
You're the nicest thing I've seen
I wish that we could give it a go
See if we could be something

I wish I was your favorite girl
I wish you thought I was the reason you are in the world
I wish my smile was your favorite kind of smile
I wish the way that I dressed was your favorite kind of style

I wish you couldn't figure me out
But you always wanna know what I was about
I wish you'd hold my hand
When I was upset
I wish you'd never forget
The look on my face when we first met

I wish you had a favorite beauty spot
That you loved secretly
'Cause it was on a hidden bit
That nobody else could see
Basically, I wish that you loved me
I wish that you needed me
I wish that you knew when I said two sugars,
Actually I meant three

I wish that without me your heart would break
I wish that without me you'd be spending the rest of your nights awake
I wish that without me you couldn't eat
I wish I was the last thing on your mind before you went to sleep

Look, all I know is that you're the nicest thing I've ever seen
And I wish that we could see if we could be something
Yeah I wish that we could see if we could be something
 
I love this song because it is so true to me.  It's about wanting to be everything to someone who doesn't feel the same way about you.  It's about the old saying the person you want and who wants you are never the same person.   The lyrics are so desperate sounding and I think that everyone at some point in their life has felt this way.  As much as I hate to admit it, I know I have felt this way and it's the worst feeling ever.

I know that most of the time I would rather act like my feelings don't exist and that they aren't important.  I'd rather act like I don't care one way or the other because if you never expect anything then you can never be disappointed.  When all you want is for someone to desperately need you in the most basic way possible and they don't feel the same way, well it  just plain sucks.  It's even worse when you tell that person that and then you feel like you just end up getting hurt.  No one likes to be vulnerable.  I hate talking about my feelings because I'm sick of them getting stomped all over.

So I guess that's why I really like this song because it expresses some of my feelings that I would just rather have go away.  I know that when there is something I would rather not talk about I try to find a song that expresses it and it helps me a little bit.
 
I've put a video of the song at the bottom of this if you would like to listen to it.  If you have any other great songs that you would like to share, feel free to tell me because I would love to listen to them.
 
Love me or hate me,
Molly :)
 
p.s.  thanks to anyone who has left comments.  I really enjoy reading what you have to say!
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Definitely feel you on this..you can express anything through music. thats the beauty of it!

    ReplyDelete